How To Apply Bihar Ration Card Online
The ration card is issued to the people under the state government. Through this, the ration cardholders can purchase necessary commodities from fair price shops. There are different ration cards for people of different categories. Residents of Bihar who still have not applied for the ration card must apply for it as it will give them some financial relief. You can apply for a ration card offline as well as offline.
Individuals who will or have applied for the ration card will get many benefits from it. Following are some of the benefits of the Bihar ration card:
- It worked as a resident proof for Indian citizens.
- Individuals get the necessary commodities at lower prices.
- It also works as identity proof while applying for other official documents.
- By purchasing commodities at lower prices, a lot of money gets saved.
It is to inform all the individuals that not everyone can apply for the ration card. Only those candidates will be eligible to apply for the ration card who will meet the eligibility criteria stated by the authority for the ration card. Eligible candidates will have to first fill out the form to avail the benefits of the ration card. Following are the requirements for Bihar Ration Card:
- Applicant must be Indian by nationality.
- He/she must be a resident of Bihar.
- The applicant must not hold any ration card before.
- The family income should be as required for the respective ration card.
Procedure to apply
All the eligible individuals who want to apply for a ration card via online mode must refer to this article. The online process saves a lot of time and energy for the candidates. So mostly, people try to apply for it online only. Many of you would probably not have the idea of the online procedure of filling out the form. here we have mentioned the steps through which you will be able to apply for it easily. Here are the steps:
- First, visit the official portal for Ration Card Management System i.e., http://epds.bihar.gov.in/
- Then on the home page, you will see the section of important links.
- Click on the option of Apply Online for RC available under that section.
- And a login page will appear on the screen. Below you will see the registration link.
- Click on that link and start filling out the required details and click on get OTP.
- After entering the received OTP, the registration form will appear on the screen.
- Now enter all the essential details carefully and click on the registration option.
- After the successful registration, you will get the login details.
- First of all, follow the first 3 in the above paragraph.
- Now enter the required details and click on the Login tab.
- The dashboard will open there click on New Apply and choose between Urban and Rural.
- Now, start filling out the application form and then uploading the required documents.
- Lastly, submit the form and the application id will be sent to the registered mobile number or email id.
All the candidates who are going to apply for a ration card will also have to attach some documents to the application form. So, we advised all the candidates to carry all the required documents with them while applying for ration cards. Given below is the list of asked documents for ration card:
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Certificate of residency
- Group photo of the family
- Signature of the applicant
- Disability Certificate (If applicable)
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
How to apply
All the applicants who want to fill out the application form can now do it. As we know that sometimes the online application procedure gets confusing and most people are comfortable with the offline procedure. So, here we have mentioned the sets through which you can apply for a ration card offline. Follow the below-given steps to apply offline:
- Firstly, visit any S.D.O. Office or Circle Office situated near you.
- There you have asked for the application form for Ration Card.
- Now start entering all the required details carefully.
- Sign the application and attach a passport-sized photograph.
- Now, attach all the required documents along with it and submit them to the officials available there.
- They will complete the form and check it and then will submit it.